Reactivity is one of the hardest behaviours to deal with but have you ever wondered why that is? You may never have even thought about reactivity before you got this dog, but now when your dog starts reacting, you find yourself reacting too! You may get stressed at the very thought of going for a walk.
Of course, it is not their fault. They are acting in response to an emotion - that might be fear, anxiety or frustration - and, when they react, that can make them feel better in the moment so they keep doing it
But we can teach them a better way.
We can give them new ways to respond that also feel good and over time they can start to ignore what once caused a meltdown or maybe even enjoy meeting other dogs or new people.
In order to make this shift, we need to create a more calm space for our dogs. They can't learn when they are stressed.
This is why we've designed a custom program Reframing Reactivity. This program will give you all the support you need and we are with you every step of the way.
In Reframing Reactivity you will develop the right skills to teach calm and accommodate your dog's reactivity! You'll earn easy and fun practical ways to keep your dog's focus when there are distractions, how to manage situations where things are less than ideal and how to bounce back when everything has gone belly up!
- 2 hour Private deep dive into the dynamics of your family and your goals
- Observation and Assessment of your dog
- Review and set up Management in the home
- Help create a Safe Space in your home
- Create structure and Implement Routine
- Review schedule and Routine for Family
- Design a treatment plan strategy
Weekly Coaching (depending on Selected Option)
- Weekly Video Class Presentations
- Implementing the treatment plan
- Develop awareness of the environment so you can help your dog process what is there
- Emergency skills for when things go wrong
- Problem Prevention strategy
Video & Tutorial Resources
- Over 100 easy to follow -video library
- Workbooks and trackers to ensure your practice and understanding
- Handouts that support your learning
- Share your training with others involved with your dog so that training is consistent
- Email and Phone Support to give you peace of mind throughout the process
- Video Analysis to get feedback of your homework
- Assistance with helping others in your family learn (kids, spouse)